You are eager to acquire admission in Canada and have gone through hundreds of web pages to get to know every piece of gaining admission. Probably, you might have missed understanding intakes with the correct information. This article will remove your uncertainty, and at the conclusion, you will know all about intakes in Canada. Before getting into depth, you need to know how various intakes affect getting admission and the whole process?
Yes, of course, it does affect. As a result, it’s something you should be aware of.
How many intakes a year?
You could be wondering as to what exactly Intake implies. A college or University’s admissions period is when prospective students are invited to apply for various academic programs. As a result, new students at Canadian institutions are welcomed three times every year.
The three seasons in which these three intakes occur are summer, winter, and fall. Every year, new applications are accepted for each of the three seasons. We’ll take a closer look at each Intake and see how they differ from one another.
Since it begins in September and finishes at the end of December, fall intake is also known as September intake. Most Best universities in Canada accept new students for any of their courses during this period, known as the primary Intake. Since this is a significant potential moment, foreign institutes are looking for it. The school year runs from September through December, and deadlines vary by institution. You should double-check the targeted University’s start date if you consider applying before September.
As a prospective immigrant, the September intake should be your first consideration. Here, you’ll learn a few things about the Intake that most students only discover after starting school.
- Every course is offered in September at the majority of Canadian universities.
- Airfares are cheaper than in January since Canadians are on holiday for Christmas and New Year’s; thus, air travel is busy. This raises airfares.
- You’ll acquire part-time jobs after a little battle because the market used to perform well, unlike in January due to the winter season.
- You may find affordable housing because some students travel to their favourite city after graduation to look for a job.
- You’ll become used to the Canadian weather and culture. As well as being equipped to withstand the cold of Canada.
- Black Friday provides affordable items. Black Friday is usually the last Friday in November. Students buy mobile phones, computers, tablets, etc., for study. Otherwise, buy blankets, mattresses, computer sets, etc.
As the end of the autumn semester approaches, the winter semester also begins. In January, it begins and concludes in April. Because this is a primary intake, not all colleges will admit students during this period, but you will have numerous opportunities to apply elsewhere.
- Most of the courses offered by universities can be found at these institutions.
- Fewer students enrolling in the Intake means you have more time to find work when the market opens, usually within 2-3 months.
- After arriving in Canada, you’ll be able to see snowfall right away.
- Snowshoes and other winter accessories, such as winter coats, will be significantly reduced.
- A 16-month course will allow you to graduate in April of the following year, giving you more time to look for full-time work in your primary sector because the job market is less saturated after the winter.
In Canada, summer intake or Spring intake occurs at the last of all, and it has not much relevance regarding the admission of international students. Another essential element is that the Summer semester is a holiday for students. However, you can still take the chance to ensure your admission.
- In most universities, students get admission to all courses.
- The employment market is open and on pace. Finding part-time work isn’t difficult, and it usually takes me 1-2 months to land one.
- Students can take advantage of the University’s summer academic programmes.
- Full-time employment can begin as early as September, when you’ll pass out.
- There are a lot of possibilities for accommodation.
- Summer is a great time to visit Canada.
- Recreational areas provide outdoor sports.
- Cheaper nonseasonal flying tickets.
Choosing the Right Intake
You’ve been searching for the answers to these questions for a long time. It’s now simple for you to decide because you have all three intakes in front of you. Still, there are several factors to consider while selecting an intake.
Everything is dependent on your personal preferences and circumstances. One of the most important things you need to know is that colleges favour the autumn semester as the primary one for admission. For example, suppose that you’re trying to get into a top Canadian institution. Due to the increased number of colleges accepting students, you should not miss autumn intake if this is the case. As a result, the wisest course of action is to give this priority.
Other than that, the weather is ideal at this time of year. Arriving in Canada in the autumn gives you plenty of time to get used to the climate and acclimatize to your new surroundings. There is no need to panic or wait a year for the next Intake, as the winter admissions window opens soon following the autumn intake. This Intake is preferred by most students who missed the first one. There are, nevertheless, a few colleges and institutions that do accept students.
Check to see if the University of your choice offers classes for the winter admission if you want to make the best decision. It would help if you did not put your education at risk since not all colleges and universities accept new students. Remember that the winters in Canada can be extremely harsh at this time of year, so you’ll need to be prepared..
The summer intake, the last Intake, is here. Many colleges and universities do not offer summer admission, the last chance to earn a place in your ideal nation. If you happen to miss the first two, it becomes more complex, and you will have to wait a whole year before being admitted to the University of your choice. It would help if you strived to prepare for fall and winter intake, the most incredible possibilities.
To know each Intake in full, you must have an idea now which one you should select. Selecting Intake is not much crucial, but securing is. The thing that matters is how much you are prepared for the admissions. These are only periods when you go through the admission procedure, but your problems should start before the intake. When all your preparations are done, then Intake matter comes.
You require ILETS to get into Canadian universities. Take the test before you miss any intake. When the test is over, it’s time for admissions. Remember to include several institutions. If your application is rejected, you’ll have choices. Suppose you want to get a masters. It would help if you kept contacting academics to build a reference list, and it’s easier to get a Canadian University reference letter. Overall, admission is easy if you follow the criteria.
We have sent 2500+ students to study abroad in Canada feel free to contact us if you need any help in IELTS or Canada student visa consultant .