Are you enrolling at UMass Boston soon? Want to understand everything about UMass Boston and its resources to make your decision wisely and enhance your chances of selection? Look no further – this guide to UMass Boston can give all that information and much more.
UMass Boston is an exciting, diverse campus community of over 16,000 students and 1,100 faculty. Situated at the center of Boston, this university provides academic programs, research opportunities, extracurricular activities and much more!
This guide provides an introduction to UMass Boston, its history, academic programs, admission process, cost structure and more. Let’s dive in together.
All About UMass Boston
At UMass Boston, students learn more than academics; we foster their minds while giving back. Established in 1964 and recognized worldwide for quality instruction since, UMass Boston offers quality instruction from over 140 nations around the globe.
UMass Boston was originally established to serve the working-class population of Boston as a commuter college; its first campus, housed within an abandoned warehouse near Downtown, housed only 1,227 students at that time. Since then, however, its enrollment has steadily climbed until currently over 16,000 undergraduate and graduate programs exist at UMass Boston.
UMass Boston reached one of its greatest achievements during 1974 with the completion of their current campus at Dorchester Bay, built upon an unstable landfill. Although construction proved challenging due to unstable ground, UMass Boston persevered until completion and now boasts 120 acres with cutting edge facilities for teaching, research, student life and student services.
UMass Boston has also expanded in terms of academic offerings over time, starting out offering only a handful of liberal arts and sciences programs; today it provides over one hundred academic programs through its colleges of Liberal Arts, Science & Mathematics, Nursing & Health Sciences, Management, Education and Human Development as well as programs dedicated to marine sciences, nursing psychology & public policy studies.
Overall, UMass Boston has made great progress since its humble roots as a commuter college. Today it stands as an internationally recognized university which provides its students with unsurpassed facilities, resources and opportunities for academic and personal growth. Furthermore, its commitment to social justice makes UMass Boston an invaluable asset both to Boston itself and beyond.
What Courses Can Be Taken at UMass Boston?
UMass Boston offers an expansive selection of undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programmes across various fields. Undergraduate programmes at UMass Boston focus on creating opportunities to develop critical thinking and teamwork while graduate and doctoral programmes provide further research opportunities in various academic fields.
Undergraduate programmes at UMass Boston
- It includes Majors in Biology, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, Mathematics, English, History, Sociology, Psychology, and many more.
- Students can also get options like Leadership and Public Service, Environmental Science, African American Studies, Gender, and Latin American and Iberian Studies, among others.
Graduate programmes at UMass Boston
- It includes Business Administration, Global Governance, Environmental Sciences, Human Security, Public Affairs, Nursing, and many others.
- It also includes doctoral programmes in Education, Nursing, and Global Governance and Human Security.
Additionally. UMass Boston offers many certificate programmes that offer specialized training and knowledge in areas like Applied Behavior Analysis, Data Analytics and Professional Writing.
UMass Boston offers an expansive variety of degree and program offerings tailored specifically to each student’s interests and career objectives, with practical learning and research as primary focuses. They strive to equip their students with skills required for success in any chosen field – should you wish to know more, consider reaching out to D-Vivid partner university who are trusted consultants and can assist in helping you select an apt program suited to your requirements without hassles or unnecessary decisions being required of you. They have been in this field for years and have assisted many students in choosing the right course at UMass Boston university.
Where Does UMass Boston Stand Globally?
Within global rankings, UMass Boston currently occupies positions #801-1000 on both the 2021 QS World University Rankings and US News & World Report Best Global Universities lists.
UMass Boston’s ranking can be explained by several factors. First of all, they were only established in 1964 compared to many of their counterparts. This means they may not yet have had as long to build up an outstanding research reputation like some older and more established institutions have done over time.
UMass Boston stands out as being predominantly teaching-centric with an emphasis on undergraduate education, making its programs less resource intensive than some universities that may score better on this metric.
What Is the Admission Process at UMass Boston?
UMass Boston offers an admission process which consists of several steps and requirements. Not many students are able to get it completed correctly. This is when a D-vivid partner university can make a difference. you can always connect with them for all the support you need for the below mentioned admission steps. Check it out:
- Submit an Application: Prospective students must fill out and submit an online application through UMass Boston’s website in order to apply as prospective students. This form requires personal data, academic history and an essay submission from prospective students.
- Provide Official Transcripts: Applicants should request official transcripts from all previously attended colleges and universities be sent directly to UMass Boston.
- Submit Test Scores: Freshmen applicants are typically required to provide either their SAT or ACT test scores while graduate programs may request GMAT, GRE or other forms of test scores from graduate applicants as part of their application.
- Pay Application Fee: Another important step for you to follow is to get your application fee clear to get it processed without any kind of hassle whatsoever.
- Submit Additional Materials: You also need to submit a letter of recommendation for your resume as required by the respective institute for the purpose of application selection.
- Attend an Interview: You need to attend the interview as a part of the admission process where the authorities will meet you face to face for complete knowledge.
- Acceptance: At last, you check the Admission Offer and accept it by making the Deposit as required by the institute.
As Admission requirements can differ based on program and level, students should refer to UMass Boston’s website to find specific requirements and deadlines related to their program of interest. International students may have additional requirements such as English Language Proficiency tests or visa documentation requirements. If you find any difficulty in any of the process, you can always consider taking assistance from D-Vivid partner university as they can help you go through it hassle-free.
UMass Boston: Cost Factors
When contemplating attending UMass Boston, students need to keep several costs in mind when making their decision; including:
- Tuition: Tuition costs at UMass Boston depend on whether or not you are an in-state or out-of-state student; for the 2021-2022 academic year, in-state tuition stands at $15,755 annually while out-of-state tuition stands at $33,966 per year.
- Fees: UMass Boston also charges various fees beyond tuition; these may include technology charges, student activity fees and health fees that can add up to several hundreds of dollars each semester.
- Room and Board: If you plan on living on campus, room and board costs must also be considered. While exact figures vary based on which kind of housing option is selected for 2021-2022 academic year housing needs vary significantly but an approximate annual room and meal plan cost for double rooms totalling 14 square metres with meal plan totalling $14382 will cost an individual.
- Books and Supplies: Books and supplies may also be necessary, with costs depending on your major. On average, students typically spend between $1,000-$1,200 annually for these expenses.
- Transportation: When planning to commute, one should factor in transportation expenses. UMass Boston’s proximity to the MBTA subway line allows students to take advantage of discounted student passes for discounted commuting costs.
UMass Boston stands as an exceptional educational institution, preparing its students for success in any chosen field through world-class faculty and state-of-the-art facilities. Students enrolled here benefit from both an academically rigorous learning experience as well as personal growth both academically and personally. If you desire to know more about the same, or need any assistance for admission, then you can always reach out to experts at D-Vivid (Best Study Abroad Consultant in Ahmedabad) partner university and get your needs sorted. They have been in this field of service for years and have made it easier for the scholars around the world to be part of this reputed university in the most convenient fashion. Good luck!