Top 8 Ways to Improve Your Speaking Fluency for IELTS
1. Try to Speak in English on a Daily BasisSimple, isn’t it? Well, it is! All you have to do make this language a part and parcel of your daily life. Wherever possible, try to speak in English and get feedback from people who know the language well as to where you can improve and how. We are the top visa consultants in Ahmedabad and every year, thousands of students reach out to us to inquire about how to speak better English. It’s simple – Keep yourself open to suggestions and even if you make mistakes, don’t lose heart and keep trying anyway.
2. Read Good Books, Newspapers and MagazinesReading will be immensely helpful in ingraining the language in your brain and helping you in speaking correctly. As one of the top overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad, we can tell you that many candidates make the mistake of not giving enough importance to reading – There is no substitute for reading when it comes to learning to speak with ease and fluency. Avoid difficult words in the beginning. Read simple stories and newspaper articles along with good editorial content in magazines. Within a few weeks, you will notice the difference and gain more confidence.
3. Rehearse, Practise and Do Mock InterviewsIt may sound surprising to you, but there are so many situations where speaking can be mastered with rehearsal and practice. For example, a common question in many interviews is ‘tell me about yourself’ – instead of fumbling for words, you can have a ready answer in your mind which you can then customize as per different situations. We are the best study abroad consultant in Gujarat. and we can tell you that you can also cover areas like common phrases to be used for travelling, common language etiquettes, etc. These shortcuts will make your life a lot easier!
4. Record Your English Conversations to Review LaterDid you know? Recording and listening with a critical ear is an amazing technique that can help you improve in areas where you get stuck, enhance your accent and give you a better picture of where you are going wrong. We at DVivid – one of the top visa consultants in Ahmedabad, – recommend that you just use the basic voice recorder in your mobile phone to capture these snippets and review them once every few days to see how you are faring, where you can improve and what you are doing well.
5. Increase Your Active VocabularySometimes, it is not enough to know one word for a given expression. English is one language where multiple words are used to express the same meaning with different nuances. Most visa consultants in Ahmedabad will not tell you that varied usage of words, synonyms, antonyms, learning the differences between commonly confused words, proverbs, idioms and phrases and learning to speak with varied sentence structures is a skill that you must master.
6. Get Professional CoachingRemember, no matter how good you are in English, cracking great scores in the exam is a completely different matter! We recommend that you enroll at professional IELTS coaching centers and get yourself groomed as per the latest requirements. You will also be able to see where you stand with regard to other candidates and get professional guidance on how to improve your speaking effectively.
7. Always Be in Learning ModeThere is no end to learning when it comes to mastering a language. Whether you are watching a Hollywood movie, or serial, or reading something online, stay alert and learn the usages correctly. Note them down if required. As one of the top overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad, we can tell you that the best way to do this would be to teach yourself to learn from your mistakes without feeling ashamed or embarrassed.
8. Don’t Lose FaithRemember, there will be challenges along the way, but don’t lose heart! Stay positive, determined and committed. Thousands of students crack the IELTS every year – Why not you? Make the most of your leisure time and learn the language with depth and clarity. We are the best study abroad consultant in Gujaratand we can tell you that you will have to master English in order to survive during your study tenure abroad. Therefore, that is the extra motivation for you to stay on your toes and learn the nuances with dedication. At DVivid, we help students overcome their psychological barriers through dedicated counselling and ace exams like IELTS and TOEFL with flying colours. Give it your best shot and never look back. May the force be with you!