Top 10 Qualities Foreign Universities Are Looking for in Indian Students
You are not alone! As the top Canada student visa consultant in Gujarat, we know that every year lakhs and lakhs of students aspire to get enrolled in a foreign University and kickstart their dream career. But, often students are too focused on their marks, academics and extra-curriculars and application process and tend to forget that there are other crucial aspects of their personal and professional journey that have important impact on their selection. Remember, most visa consultants in Ahmedabad will not tell you that the parameters on the basis of which Foreign Universities judge students are drastically different from those used by Indian Universities back home in our country. While our education system tends to give an overwhelming amount of importance to scores and performance, foreign Universities often have additional points of consideration that need to be kept in mind and highlighted appropriately in your profile, application and interview for optimum results. So, what are these factors? Let’s begin!
1. Determination, Passion and CommitmentAny international institute of repute will be walking the extra mile to verify your interest in your chosen field. But, take it from us – the leading overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad – they don’t want to hire students who lack clarity about what they want in life, the career they want to pursue or the kind of work they want to do in the near future. This is important as education in a foreign country can be a vexing and challenging process and if you lack focus, it might cause you to break down or even quit! You must be wondering how you can demonstrate your determination, passion and commitment – the best way to do this is to study and contribute outside your school / college curriculum on various aspects covering your field. For example, if you want to study computer engineering abroad, you might want to take up additional live projects outside your institute curriculum or even create an application on your own. If you want to study astrophysics, for example, we can tell you as the study abroad consultant in Gujarat – that you should attend seminars, workshops and trainings that give you the extra edge. Demonstrate the extra effort you have put into your field and also give the admissions committee a clear picture of what you want to do in this field.
2. Ability to Adapt and Learn Quickly
Studying in a foreign country requires tremendous adaptability skills – learning about new cultures, languages, places, rules and regulations and acceptable social behaviour, for example. All of these require significant social and emotional intelligence, not to mention high IQ and grasping power as well. Did you know? We are the top visa consultants in Ahmedabad and we can tell you that you can convince the evaluators of your ability to adapt by talking about challenging experiences in your life where you had to accommodate something that was new, difficult, or just outside your comfort zone. You can also talk about experiences like field trips, educational camps or volunteer work where you had to mingle and manage communication with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures.
If you know languages other than your native language and English, talk about it in your application. It will give you the added advantage.
3. Ability to Multitask and Manage Stress
Studying abroad is not a cake walk – as the leading Canada student visa consultant in Gujarat, we can tell you for sure that you need to be able to manage enormous work load, tiresome routines, a lot of extracurricular activities, stay fir, complete projects, undergo trainings and even host various events. You will also have to deal with various stressful situations like performance pressure, competition, placement and so on.
Many visa consultants in Ahmedabad don’t know that it would be good to mention in your profile the various roles or activities which illustrate that you are someone who can keep their cool in the face of difficulties or problems and can solve issues and conflicts in a creative manner. Talk about when you managed an event for example, or how managed to score great results despite shouldering several responsibilities in your personal and / or professional life.
4. Independent Thinking and Common Sense
You will be surprised to know that despite cracking exams with flying colours, students are often not street smart and lack the ability to solve problems impromptu. As the famous adage goes, “Common sense is not so common.” Prove to the admissions committee with the help of
overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad like us that you are someone who knows what to do, when to do and how to do. Give examples of situations where you played the role of a mediator or someone who can think independently without being influenced by what everyone has to say. However, make sure that you portray yourself as someone who is empathetic towards others’ feelings and takes an advise if there’s merit in it.
5. Leadership, Communication Skills and Management
Who wants to work with someone who has zero social skills and cannot influence others to do good? Exactly – no one. We are the leading study abroad consultant in Gujarat Gujaratand we help our students to establish that you are someone with innate management skills and can influence a crowd with your sense of inclusive leadership and your ability to communicate effectively and emphatically.
Talk about the events you managed, the group assignments you led and the projects where you took a central role. You can also talk about activities where you were not the formal leader but you executed a high quality of leadership and managerial skills. In most cases, we as the top visa consultants in Ahmedabad help our students identify and articulate their approach to communicate in groups and explain why they think it is critical to be a good communicator in order to be a good leader.
6. Curiosity, Inquisitiveness and a Thirst for Knowledge
If there is one thing that puts professors off, it is a student who lacks enthusiasm and excite for learning. As the top
Canada student visa consultant in Gujarat we know that is important to note here that we are not just talking about classroom learning. Acquiring knowledge beyond what is required, staying informed on latest developments, participating in the class by asking questions, having a research mindset and a general hunger for deeper understanding of the underlying concepts are qualities that are highly favoured by foreign Universities.
For example, you can talk about your love for reading, learning new skills, learning new languages, watching TED talks, attending workshops, and so on.
7. Ability to Write and Speak Correctly, Coherently and Clearly in English language
Let’s face it – most visa consultants in Ahmedabad will not tell you the chances that people in a foreign country will understand your language are wafer thin. Not to mention that the medium of instruction in most of these Universities will be primarily in English. While most Universities will ask for TOEFL and IELTS scores, how you write your SOP, the language you use in filling up your application and how speak during an interview matters a lot. Get an additional course in English language if you need. Don’t use unnecessarily complex sentence or words – keep it simple and effective.
8. Team Player – Not Just a Team Leader
Take it from us – the leading overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad – no one wants a bossy and strong-headed person in the team – even if he is a great leader! Highlight your qualities like ability to listen to people’s problems, your nature of trying to help when someone is in distress, your conflict resolution skills and your aversion to ‘blame-game.’ Demonstrate your maturity and illustrate your personality as one that is evolved, stable and focused. Show them that you can rise above petty issues by talking about how you have used these skills in different situations.
9. Physical Fitness and AgilityWe can tell you as the study abroad consultant in Gujarat that unlike Indian education system where sports is just considered to be a hobby during admissions process, foreign Universities are keen to know that you can take care of yourself physically by eating healthy, staying fit and managing health conditions appropriately. I am not saying you need to go to gym everyday but if you are interested in any games, sports or other physical activities, mention it and talk about why you think physical fitness is important for success.
10. Familiarity with Culture
Let’s say you are going to study in Germany – it would be good if you can mention what you admire about their culture and what you hope to learn by being in that country. May be you had a friend who worked in Germany for a few years? Or may be you watched a documentary? Or may be you just read up online! – The source doesn’t matter, as long as you can illustrate that you respect their culture and understand that you will have to abide by it. You can do it with the help of overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad There you go! These are the top 10 qualities that foreign Universities look for Indian students. Our expert team of mentors, counsellors and visa consultants can help you with your application process, your SOP, profile, interview, choosing Universities and even getting all these 10 qualities correctly in you application documents. Contact us to know more and how we can help you. Achieve your dream career – by starting today!