Planning to Study Abroad? This Checklist of Top 10 Tips is a MUST for All Foreign Education Aspirants!
1. Start with Online SearchIn this digital age, answers to many of your initial questions can be found through research. Why is research important? Most visa consultants in Ahmedabad will not tell you the reason. That’s because it helps you to understand your career aspirations better and how to go about achieving the same. You can start with simple searches on Google like ‘How to study abroad,’ ‘Which Universities are the best in the world for Computer Science,’ ‘How to apply to Universities in Canada,’ etc. As one of the top overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad, we can tell you that many candidates make the mistake of doing passive research, i.e. not creating notes while researching. It is easy to get confused if you are not taking notes with a paper and pen or on Microsoft word to keep yourself updated on various aspects. Detailed notes are not required, just write down the key terms, dates, links to important sites and so on. It will be immensely helpful when you finally make your move! If you hire the services of DVivid, this phase won’t be required as we will give you all the authentic information on every aspect right at the beginning, saving you a lot of time and headache.
2. Set a GoalWe are the best study abroad consultants in Gujarat and we can tell you that once you have collected a reasonable amount of information on studying abroad, it is time to set clear goals that you wish to achieve. For example:
- • Which are the top 3 countries where you wish to study?
- • Which are the top Universities in these countries where you wish to apply?
- • What is your preferred field of education?
- • What do you want to do after your course is complete?
- • Are you planning to do research? If yes, what is your primary research interest?
3. Meet the Eligibility CriteriaHave you selected your preferred Universities? Great! Now it is time to become eligible for their requirements. The following list has been curated by DVivid – one of the top visa consultants in Ahmedabad. See which all criteria you already meet and which ones require further effort:
- • Educational qualification in a given field
- • Professional certifications
- • English Language eligibility tests (IELTS, TOEFL, etc.)
- • Aptitude tests (GMAT, GRE, etc.)
- • Internships, trainings and work experience requirements
- • Extracurricular activities and volunteer/social work
- • Financing requirements/scholarship eligibility
- • Social background and gender preferences
- • Research skills and requirements, publications
4. Write Your Personal StatementMany students wait to do this at the last moment. It is a bad idea. You need to start writing your personal statement, or statement of purpose (SOP) or statement of motivation as soon as possible, since it will undergo a lot of edits, corrections and customization as per the requirement of different Universities. As one of the top overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad, we can tell you that the best way to do this would be to create a master essay first and then customize it for different Universities and colleges. At DVivid, we have dedicated writers and education counsellors who help you craft the perfect SOP and application profile for you.
5. Consult ExpertsIt is important that at this stage you start consulting experts. We are the best study abroad consultants in Gujarat and we can tell you that ideally, you should reach out to experts in education, foreign study, career counselling, SOP writing and visa consulting – all of which can be found under one rood at DVivid. Besides, you can try talking to senior students from your school/college who have gone abroad to study or professors who have spent time teaching in foreign Universities.
6. Gather References, Documents and Proofs
When it comes to applying abroad, keeping all pieces of evidence and documents ready is of utmost importance. We are the top visa consultants in Ahmedabad and every year we see that without the necessary documents, your application can be rejected by Universities and visa authorities no matter how good a student you are! Some of the important documents that you need to have are:
- • Passport and other identity documents
- • Education transcripts, marksheets, certificates
- • Work experience / internship / professional course completion certificates
- • Extracurricular activity / social service / volunteering certificates
- • Letters of recommendation from academic and non-academic sources
- • Photographs in passport and stamp size
- • Age proof, nationality proof
And many more… get in touch with us to know about the exact documents that are required for you to apply abroad.
7. Complete Application Process of UniversitiesThe next logical step is to complete the University application process. It varies from University to University, but usually, there are strict deadlines for each college and online application is the norm across almost all renowned institutes. You should take care to meet deadlines and complete the application in full. Incomplete are applications are rejected by foreign Universities without notice. Most visa consultants in Ahmedabad will not tell you to make sure that you stick to word limits, character limits and page limits. Keep the content clean, error-free and to-the-point. Don’t write unnecessarily unless a question is specifically asked. DVivid helps all its students in the end-to-end execution of the application process.
8. Complete Visa Application Process
You are now nearing the end! As one of the top overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad, we can tell you thatthe critical process of visa application is still there. This is a different ballgame altogether. Once you get the letter of intent from your University, complete all the application requirements and submit to the visa authorities for review, along with supporting documents. Once again, don’t miss deadlines for the application and interviews.
9. Prepare for Interviews
We are the best study abroad consultant in Gujarat and we can tell you that preparing for interviews is a time-consuming process, and so you should start as soon as you start applying to Universities. The most important thing is to do mock interviews with consultants like DVivid, wherein you can learn to explain any gaps or weaknesses in your profile and focus on the strengths instead. Mastering English language and the ability to listen to the interviewer and understand the question correctly is a must.
10. Prepare for Travel and RelocationReceived admission letter as well as the visa? Great! It is now time to prepare for travel and relocation abroad! The following list has been curated by DVivid – one of the Study Abroad Consultant in Gujarat. Things to take care of in this process include:
- • Travel tickets and ID proof
- • Luggage
- • Accommodation arrangements abroad
- • Medicines and other necessities
- • Cold and warm clothes for the different climate in different countries
- • Cash/money arrangement for pocket expenses
- • And much more!