Planning to Study Abroad? Here Are 5 Kinds of Accommodations
You Must Know About!
Studying abroad is probably one of the biggest decisions in anyone’s life. Along with the application process challenges, exams, interviews and visa processes, there’s also the added headache of finding the right accommodation – a place you can call your home during the course of your study in a foreign land! As the top Canada student visa consultant in Gujarat, our international education experts are here to make things simple for you. In this article, we break down the accommodation arrangements into 6 categories and discuss in-depth the pros and cons of each. If you are someone who likes to be well-informed before doing anything, then this blog is just the perfect source of information for you. Let us begin!
1. Campus HostelsAs the name suggests, campus hostels are accommodation arrangements within an institute premises arranged by the University especially for the students of their residential programs. In most cases, doctorates, PhD, fellowships and M.Phil. degrees are residential courses but you must check with your institute beforehand. We can tell you this as the leading overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad, that in some cases, a few master degree courses may also come bundled with residential accommodation facilities at subsidized rate, but it is indispensable that you check the University website for such information or reach out to their help desk for better clarity. Depending on the University’s mandate, you may either have your own room or you may have to share with a peer. In some cases, the University canteen or mess is also available for food arrangements, along with amenities like shared laundry service, etc. Here are the pros and cons that you can take from us as the leading: Pros: Zero travelling time, safety, great environment and better bonding with your fellow students Cons: Not always available for all programs, limited seating only in most cases
2. Shared DormitoriesDormitories are similar to campus hostels – the difference being that while hostels are typically inside the University campus, dormitories are usually outside the campus, located strategically near to the University so that travel time is much less. We can tell you as the study abroad consultant in Gujarat that like hostels, dormitories are also cheap options with ample opportunity to share resources and grow bonds. You may get your own room or a shared one, and other facilities like bathroom, kitchen, balcony, laundry, cupboard, etc. may also be available on a shared or personal basis. Usually, private rooms and facilities are more expensive. We are the top visa consultants in Ahmedabad and we can tell you the following pros and cons: Pros: Not much travel required, cheap, allows you to bond with other students Cons: You may have to cook your own food, do your own laundry, etc. and full privacy may not be available
3. Rented ApartmentsStudying abroad is not a joke – as the leading Canada student visa consultant in Gujarat,we can tell you for sure that you will be surprised to know that rented apartments are, in fact, one of the most popular choices for students studying abroad for long-duration courses and these are easily available in all the big cities of the world. A rented apartment gives you the additional benefit of having your own room, although you can choose to share it with a room-mate if you want to split costs. With the help of overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad like us, you will have choices to get rented apartments so that you can get more control over things like laundry timings, kitchen access, garden, yard and your own timing and privacy than dormitories. You will also have the option to choose your locality in the right place and choose your flatmates in some cases. Pros: Better privacy, more control, more options and better city life Cons: Higher cost, location may be far away, may not be student friendly
4. Private FlatsIf you are someone who needs a lot of me-time, has a fetish for privacy and has enough finance to spend on a good accommodation, you can opt for a private flat with your eyes closed. It will give you immense freedom to maintain your life routine, study with deep focus and enjoy life in a new city all by your own. We are the leading study abroad consultant in Gujarat and we help you understand the fact that taking a rented flat will also give you the opportunity to explore the city better as you apartment hopping from one neighbourhood to another. If you are lucky enough to get friendly neighbours, it would be an added bonus. Pros: Full privacy, zero hassle, more freedom and more focus on studies Cons: Expensive, can get lonely sometimes, finding a good locality for a single person is difficult in some cities
5. Home Stays / Paying GuestsLet’s face it – most visa consultants in Ahmedabad will not tell you that he revolution of the last decade in accommodation has been Home Stays. You can easily opt to stay with a family of goodwill and repute to move in, during the course of your study. Home Stays and Paying Guest options are available in almost all the major cities of the world and in most cases you can get a room for yourself and access to all the common areas. Take it from us – the leading overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad– that Home Stays are particularly great options for Indian students as we often have a deep craving for family bonding and social security. Home Stay is an amazing way to attain that without burning a hole in your pocket. Plus, you will get the added advantage of getting a head-start on the city life with a local family to guide you through both small and big things. Pros: Family experience, safety, reasonable price, head-start on city life Cons: Home stay families might have their own rules like not allowing you to return too late in the night or not bringing over friends or partying at home. What is the Best Approach to Select the Right Accommodation for Yourself? Remember, most visa consultants in Ahmedabad won’t tell you that choosing the right option goes a long way in making your life abroad easy and helps you to focus more dedicatedly on your studies without your extra headache. Research your target city well in advance and see for yourself what kind of accommodations works the best for you. At any point, if you think you need expert advice, reach out to our team of meritorious and competent counsellors who are always happy to help all the students who enrol with us. We provide you full application process support, visa consultancy solution and help you settle abroad in the best available accommodation suiting your needs.