Suppose you would like to study abroad but don’t speak English as a first language. In that case, you will undoubtedly have to take a language exam before being accepted to an international university that offers English-taught degrees. But how do you know which English language test to take?
The answer is dependent on several things, including the test/exam accepted by the university where you wish to apply, exam centers nearby, and how much you are willing to pay. In addition, English language tests have a specific structure. Let us discuss the structures of the respective exams.
Before you go ahead and get enrolled in an IELTS consultancy in Ahmedabad, you must have a fair idea of the IELTS Academic exam. It is divided into four sections:
- 30 minutes of listening. After that, you’ll have to respond to 40 questions.
- 60 minutes of reading
- 60 minutes for writing. You must write an essay responding to the second point as a problem or an argument. It would help if you wrote both exercises in a formal tone.
- 11-14 minutes of speaking time
There are three components to the speaking test:
– telling the examiner about yourself
-describing or expressing your opinion on a specific topic
-discussing more abstract ideas or concepts
TOEFL IBT Exam
Now, let us talk about the TOEFL IBT exam, which is divided into four sections:
- Reading time: 54-72 minutes
- 30-40 questions to respond to after that
- Listening time: 41-57 minutes
- Speaking time: 17 minutes
- Expressing your thoughts on a common topic and responding to questions based on reading and listening exercises.
- Writing time: 50 minutes.
In the reading and listening parts of the TOEFL exam, the number of questions varies depending on the length, type, and difficulty of the text and audio recordings.
The PTE or Pearson Test of English is divided into three sections:
- 77–93 minutes for speaking and writing
- 32–40 minutes of reading
- Filling in the blanks, answering multiple-choice questions, and rearranging paragraphs, among other things.
- 45–57 minutes of listening
- A series of questions to be answered after listening to and watching audio or video samples.
What Is the Difficulty Level of These Exams?
It’s tough to say which English proficiency test is the most difficult. However, using the free resources provided by IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE on their websites, you can assess and enhance your present English ability.
It’s worth remembering that how you study for a test is more critical than how difficult it is. Therefore, only choose the best coaching for IELTS in Ahmedabad
so that your probability of success improves over time.
These tests are not barriers. Instead, perceive them as an opportunity to prove that you have the appropriate English abilities necessary to live in another country. In addition, passing an English language test demonstrates that you are motivated and disciplined enough to work hard, qualifying you for an undergraduate or postgraduate study.
If you are looking for the best IELTS coaching for Canada in Ahmedabad
, consider reaching out to D-Vivid Consultant