IELTS Exam FAQs: Experts at DVivid Clear Your Most Common Doubts!
IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam measures the English language ability of
the people who want to work or study where English is used as a language of communication. Every
year millions of candidates take this exam to migrate to foreign countries.
As the best USA student visa agent in Ahmedabad, we can tell you that IELTS exam is the key to the
door to study, work and live in foreign countries. Globally around 10,000 institutions accept the IELTS exam score including government, academic institutions, and employment organizations.
FAQs about IELTS exam
1. Why do I need to appear for the IELTS exam?If you are willing to study, work or settle in any English-speaking countries, be ready to work hard for IELTS exam. Take it from us, the best student visa consultant in Ahmedabad, that the IELTS is the most popular English language test and its score is widely accepted.
2. How do I register for the IELTS exam?1. Go to the official website of IELTS
2.Register your name for the test
3. Select the location, test date, and the type
4. Complete your application form with necessary detailed information
5. Pay the required fee, check all your details and then proceed
3. How do I find a test location?There are around 1600 centers across 140 countries. best student visa consultant in Ahmedabad, like us will definitely advise you that you visit the official website of IELTS exam and select the test center which is the nearest to you.
4. How often is the IELTS exam held?The exam is held four times a month across 38 cities in India. Did you know? Most Student Visa consultants in Gujarat, will not tell you that candidates can re-appear for the exam anytime he or she wants.
5. What are the fees for the IELTS exam?Test fees for IELTS exams are INR 13,250.
6. What are the two types of IELTS test?
We are the leading study abroad consultant in Gujarat and we can tell you that there are two types
of tests: IELTS Academic and General Training.
7. Which test is suitable for me?IELTS offers you multiple choices like settling in a foreign country, studying or working abroad. So, before you book your test, make sure about the type of test that you wish to sit for. As the best Student Visa consultants in Gujarat we can tell you that you can go for IELTS Academic if you want to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate program in any foreign Universities or want to apply for work in any professional organization in a foreign country. This test reflects the academic language and measures whether you are ready to begin studying or training. IELTS General Training test is for those people who are willing to go abroad for secondary education, work experience or for attending any professional training programs. It is also required if you want to immigrate to Canada, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
8. Is IELTS computer-based or paper based?Take it from us, the best student visa consultant in Ahmedabad, that the IELTS exam is available in both on computer and as a paper-based test. There is no difference between computer-delivered and paper-based tests. The only difference is that the paper-based test is done with pencil/ pens and a paper while the computer-delivered test is done with the help of a monitor, keyboard and a mouse. There is no difference in question pattern. For both the methods of the exam, the listening, writing and the reading tests are conducted on the same day. But, the speaking skills of the candidates are held to a week before or after other tests are completed. The Speaking test is a face to face interview before a professional IELTS examiner.
9. What is the format of the exam?
There are two types of tests: IELTS Academic and General Training. The Listening and the Speaking
tests format is the same for both the types. But, the content for the Writing and Reading test differs
depending upon the test you are taking. The top visa consultants In Ahmedabad like us know it for a
fact that the Listening, Reading and Writing sections are conducted on the same day with no break in
between. But the Speaking tests are conducted a week before or after the other tests are
completed, depending upon the local arrangements. The duration of the exam is 2 hrs and 45
10. How much do I need to score?
The IELTS band scores are calculated between 0 and 9. You will be given a score for each of the sections along with an overview band score. Most visa consultants in Ahmedabadwill not tell you
that a band score of 5 is not considered a good score by the Universities. You need to score 7 and
above if you want to follow your dreams.
11. Is the IELTS score applicable in every country?IELTS score is accepted in more than 140 countries. For migration, work, and study IELTS is accepted as an English language proficiency test in the UK, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand and also for work and study in the USA. Even the non-English speaking countries use this score to get students admitted in various universities and institutions where courses are taught in English.
12. Which organizations accept IELTS score?
IELTS score is accepted all over the world. There are around 10,000 organizations which accept IELTS
score. We are the leading study abroad consultant in Gujarat and we can tell you that over 3000
academic institutions in the USA and many professional organizations, MNCs, government agencies
give value to IELTS exam.
13. Will my fees be refunded if I am absent due to genuine medical conditions?If a candidate is absent in the exam will be marked as an absentee and there will be no refund of fees. But, if a candidate is unable to appear for the exam due to genuine medical reasons the candidate will need to submit a medical certificate within five days of the exam. The candidate will receive a refund of the fees only after subtracting the administrative cost.
14. What is the age limit for the IELTS exam?As the best Student Visa consultants in Gujarat, we can tell you that there is no maximum age limit for applicants interested in taking IELTS exam but the lower age limit is 16 years. However, if you are interested in applying for a Canadian visa program then the age limit is between 14 -64 years.
15. What is the validity of IELTS score?The IELTS score is valid for two years.
16. Will my Test Report Form of IELTS exam be replaced if it’s lost or damaged?Take it from us, the best student visa consultant in Ahmedabad, that if you have lost or damaged your Test Report Form, it will be replaced with another fresh copy. You have to contact your center and write an application requesting them to provide you with another copy of your result. If you need additional copies to be sent to recognized institutions contact your IELTS center. Your center may charge fees for providing this service. But, your center cannot provide you with additional TRF if the IELTS exam was 2years old. Want more detailed guidance on IELTS? Our experts and mentors at DVivid Consultant are here to help you! Contact us today.