Studying abroad for an undergraduate degree is the top-most dream for most students in India. There are plentiful scholarship programs and exams to study abroad after the 12th. Selecting an exam and qualifying for it is not an overnight task, it requires planning and counseling from trained personnel that can help you identify your potential and select the best course for your career path.
It is an undeniable truth that there are plentiful benefits of studying abroad after the 12th. Studying abroad after the 12th can be a game-changing move for your career as you get to experience and learn different languages, and cultures while exploring top-notch job opportunities.
Intrigued to know how to study abroad after 12th? What are the exams to study for after the 12th? What are Scholarships for Undergraduate Students in Foreign Universities? Fret not! This blog covers all your answers about available courses, essential steps to study abroad after 12th, countries, scholarships, and exams to write.
Benefits of studying abroad after 12th
After completing 12th, students find it difficult to choose suitable courses and countries for their future. Studying abroad after the 12th is the best decision because of several reasons. There are ‘n’ numbers of advantages of studying abroad after the 12th. Some of them are:
- Studying abroad after the 12th for an undergraduate degree can help you network with employers worldwide. This also opens a door for a stay-back option after your UG degree in the country.
- It can be a golden opportunity to improve and enhance your language skills as you explore the country and its culture. This, in turn, helps you develop your career in the same country.
- Studying abroad can help you become self-reliant and understand the potential of your true self. Plus, you get to develop other personal skills including time and money management, leadership skills, interpersonal communication skills, and enhancing your overall personality.
- The global course curriculum is designed in a way that focuses on imparting practical knowledge than theoretical
- Studying abroad can help you become eligible for a vast range of job opportunities in global leading companies.
- There are plenty of scholarship programs that can help you pursue your dream with fewer fees possible.
Exams to study abroad after 12th
In order to study abroad after the 12th, students have to prepare themselves for entrance exams that are a crucial part of the admission process. The exam and score differ with the college, programs, and country that you select. Hence, the students need to clear those entrance exams to study abroad. These are some of the international exams that are commonly asked:
- Language proficiency such as Chinese, German, French, etc.
- English Language Proficiency exams such as TOEFL, IELTS, PTE, or Duolingo.
- Tests like ACT or SAT would test your quantitative, reasoning, verbal, and subject skills at times
Scholarship programs to study abroad after 12th
Studying abroad becomes easy and affordable with scholarships provided by various universities overseas. There are several cheapest countries to study abroad for Indian students. However, if you like to choose any of the top-class countries for your UG degree, do not worry about the fees. There are plenty of scholarships available that can help you cover your maximum cost of studying abroad. To become eligible for such scholarships after 12th to study abroad, students must have some extraordinary skills such as good communication skills, excellent academic record, proficiency in sports and other physical activities, etc.
Here are some of the scholarships that you can apply for after 12th to study abroad:
- Chevening Scholarship
- Inlaks Scholarships
- The Oxford and Cambridge Society of India Scholarship
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship
- Leverage Edu Scholarship
- Shastri Indo-Canadian Fellowships
- MEXT Scholarship for Japan
- National Scholarship Programme of the Slovak Republic
- Rutherford International Fellowship Program
- TATA Scholarships
- Erasmus scholarship
- JN Tata Endowment Scholarship
Scholarships in New Zealand
- Victoria Master’s Scholarship
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships 2022
- SEG Scholarship
- The Eamon Molloy Memorial Scholarship
- A C Rayner Memorial Scholarship
- New Zealand International Doctoral Research Scholarships
Scholarships in the USA
- Ratan Tata Scholarship for Engineering Students
- Harvard Scholarship
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarship
- The Indian Trust Fellowship
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian Students
- Gates Millennium Scholarship
- Tata Scholarships for Cornell University
Scholarships in Canada
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
- Trudeau Foundation Scholarships
- Shastri Indo-Canadian Fellowships
- UBC Graduate Global Leadership Fellowships
- President Scholarship in Canada
Scholarships in Australia
- Adelaide Global Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- Dr. Abdul Kalam International Postgraduate Scholarship
- UNSW International Scholarships
- Flinders International Postgraduate Scholarships
- Undergraduate Academic Excellence International Scholarship in Australia
Crucial steps to study abroad after the 12th
Studying abroad can be a life-changing decision for students who aspire to study overseas after the 12th. Hence, it is important to follow the crucial steps that are required to enroll in the admission process. These steps include-
A robust academic profile
In order to study abroad, students must have a strong academic profile because international universities ask for your 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th grades during the admission process. Apart from this, some of the universities also ask for projects and papers that you might have done in the past.
Selecting the field of study
There are plentiful courses available, but you have to be very particular about your field of study. Hence, there should be proper planning to get the right course that you are confident about.
Selecting countries, courses, and colleges from the big list is one of the crucial steps of the admission process. Shortlisting requires proper planning and counseling from trained personnel that can help you make this process faster and easier.
The application part is one of the difficult tasks in the admission process. The student has to be very cautious during filling out the details in the application form Hence, the data that is filled in while applying should be authorized and credible.
The “Letter of Acceptance ” is an important document that confirms your admission to the selected college. It gives all the necessary information about accommodation, duration, fees, remittance date, etc.
Once your admission is confirmed, then comes the Visa documentation process. For entering any new country, you would need a valid student visa. Hence, you need to apply for Visa as soon as possible. For this, you need to fill out the application form and deposit it with the necessary documents asked for. The list of common documents needed are:
- A valid Passport
- Proof of an authentic Student
- Certificates of Language Proficiency
- Financial proof to study and stay abroad
- Transcripts of previous education
- Admission letter in the abroad university
Going abroad after the 12th is not an easy task, but with these simple steps, you can make this process simple and seamless. In the start, you may have to face many difficulties related to language, currency, teaching environment, accommodation, etc., but eventually, you will be able to adapt yourself to the environment.
We hope you got all the answers you were looking for about how to go abroad after the 12th from India. For more such information, you can also contact us directly at D – Vivid Consultant. We can help you guide and select the ideal college for your career path while making your admission process as simple as possible.