From a high quality of life to better employment opportunities, there are various reasons why Indian students prefer to study in Canada. The North American country is home to some of the best universities in the world. If you dream of studying in Canada but do not know how to obtain a student visa, you have come to the right place. Here are the steps you need to follow to get your Canadian student visa.
Select a University
First and foremost, you need to select your preferred university. Some top Canadian universities to choose from are Brock University, Mount Allison University, and University of Regina. Some important factors to consider when choosing your preferred university are its international university ranking and affordability.
Check whether you need a Student Visa
You won’t need a student visa to study in Canada if you
- Are a family or staff member of an accredited foreign representative in Canada
- Enroll in a short term course ( less than six months)
- Are not a Canadian citizen, but have an Indian status registered in the country
- Are a member of foreign armed forces
People who do not need a student visa must still get an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to fly to Canada.
Apply for a Student Visa
After you are accepted by a Canadian university, apply online for your Canadian student visa. When applying for your Canadian visa, you will be required to provide these documents
- Acceptance letter from a recognized Canadian university
- Copies of your bank statement to prove your financial sufficiency
- Your health records
If a family member works in Canada or has applied for a Canadian work visa, your application will be processed in two weeks.
Collect and Organize Important Documents
Before your visa interview, collect and organize important documents including
- The letter of acceptance from your university
- Filled in student permit application form
- Your passport
- Bank statements or other documents that prove your financial capacity
- Payment slip (as a proof that you paid the study permit fee of 150 CAD)
- Letter of intent
Appointment and Interview
You will be asked to visit your nearest visa application center where your biometrics will be taken. You may also be called for an interview.
The processing time for a Canadian student visa application can be up to 90 days.
D-Vivid Consultant is a leading visa consultant in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. We are committed to helping students bring their study abroad dreams to life. To talk to one of our consultants, call 099786 10809