New Zealand is one of the best destinations to study overseas. It is popular for its renowned and internationally reputed universities or institutions, designed to proffer quality of education. The New Zealand government also offers a wide range of opportunities to international students who aspire to pursue higher studies from NZ.
To study in New Zealand, students require a New Zealand Student Visa. The maximum validity of the New Zealand student Visa is 4 years. If you are planning to pursue higher education from New Zealand, here is the New Zealand Study Visa process, offering all the important information required from visa validity and eligibility criteria to NZ student visa requirements and important documents.
New Zealand Student Visa Validity
With a New Zealand Student Visa, students can stay for a maximum of four years in New Zealand. There are various factor affecting the length of a students visa, which includes:
- If the students have paid their full fee in advance then student visa is generally granted for the same length as the course fee that students have paid for.
- In case students have received any kind of scholarship from the university then their student visa will be valid for the scholarship period or up to four years.
- Students can apply for a length of the course visa if he\she is studying with a university official that Immigration New Zealand has a Memorandum of Understanding with.
Eligibility Criteria for New Zealand Student Visa
In order to be eligible for New Zealand Student Visa, you should keep up with the below-mentioned conditions:
- Your course or structure of study must be approved by NZQA guidelines
- You should have taken admission for a full-time course of study
- You should meet all the health requirements for New Zealand Student Visa
- You should have an offer of place letter given by education institution that is approved by NZQA or the Ministry of Education
- You should have the evidence to show that you will leave New Zealand after finishing your course of study. You can show them your return travel ticket as proof.
- You must demonstrate evidence that you have enough funds to pay for your travel expenses, tuition fees, and living costs in New Zealand.
- You should own a passport that extends the time limit of the visa that you are applying for by at least 3 months.
New Zealand student visa requirements
When you submit your application for NZ students visa, you may be asked for the following documents:
- English language proficiency test results
- Bank statements
- Passport size photographs
- Payment receipts
- Police clearance certificate
- Confirmation of an offer
- Valid passport
- Medical and travel insurance
- Medical certificate
How to Apply for New Zealand Student Visa
An international student who wants to pursue a higher education in New Zealand for more than three months will require a New Zealand Student Visa. This student visa is given to those approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority. In order to give international student allowance, the education institution must also seek approval by the NZQA or the Ministry of Education in New Zealand. The New Zealand student visa is applicable for any international student looking forward to study for more than 3 months, sit for exams, pursue any practical study or distance learning course from any New Zealand educational university or institution.
However, if any foreign student wants to pursue a short term course that does not extend for more than 3 months then he/she doesn’t require a student visa for higher education.
Crucial steps to make an Online Application for New Zealand Student Visa
With New Zealand Immigration Online Service, students can make an online application for their student visa. Follow these simple steps to make this process seamless-
Step 1: Develop an online account for visa application
To apply for an online New Zealand Student Visa, you need to first create an account at New Zealand Immigration Online.
Step 2: Fill details in the application form
After creating an online account, you need to fill your authentic details in the online application form.
Step 3: Collect all the necessary documents
For the successful submission of your online application form, you need to gather all the supporting documents required for the identification process.
Step 4: Provide passport size photograph for visa application
With the document, you also need to provide them with an authentic and appropriate photograph of yourself for the visa application form submission. Also check the credible photo requirement to avoid hassle when providing your photograph.
Step 5: Make sure to complete the online application
Be careful when you fill the application form and submit your application online. Do not forget to follow all the above-mentioned steps.
Step 6: Submit Passport and handling fee
Send your passport and the handling fee to an Immigration New Zealand office or Visa Application Center. Your passport must reach the authentic Immigration New Zealand office or Visa Application Center within 20 days of your online application submission, else your application may be rejected.
Essential steps to make a paper application for New Zealand Student Visa
If you are not making an online application, you can make a paper application for a New Zealand Student Visa. Before you apply for a paper application, go through the New Zealand Student Visa Guide.
Step 1: Download the application form
To fill the paper application form, you need to first download the student visa application form from the internet.
Step 2: Fill all the authentic and appropriate details in the application form
Carefully fill all the details in the application form.
Step 3: Keep all the documents ready when applying for student visa
Make sure to gather all the supporting documents in advance and submit the same when submitting the application form.
Step 4: Make sure to provide photograph for visa application
When you submit the documents, make sure to provide an appropriate photograph of yourself for the offline student visa application.
Step 5: Keep the visa application fee ready
It is necessary to keep the visa application fee prepared for the successful submission of the application form. Also, review the method of payment obtained at the Visa Application Center in your country.
Step 6: Submit the visa application
Submit your student visa application to the most immediate Immigration visa application center with all the appropriate documents.
Dos and Don’ts when applying for New Zealand Student Visa
Students must keep these dos and don’ts in mind while applying for a New Zealand student visa.
- Students must apply for a student visa at least a few weeks in advance to avoid any confusion at the time of application process. This will help you submit your application form and even join your course at an appropriate time.
- Also, bring original photocopies and copies of all the important documents required to submit your visa application form.
- Check twice when you fill your details in the application form.
- Do not provide any false documents for your Student Visa
- Do not hide facts in your application
- Do not fill wrong details when submitting visa application form
The New Zealand Student visa process takes time and may consume around four to five weeks from application to confirmation of an offer. Therefore, students must apply for their NZ students visa in advance so as to avoid visa rejection.
With the above mentioned guide, you can make your NZ student visa process simple and fast. With constructive counseling sessions, our experts at D – Vivid Consultant will help you guide throughout the NZ student visa application process so that you can get your confirmation as soon as possible. For more information, directly contact us at D – Vivid Consultant.