International students must have a study permit and an entry visa in order to study in Canada. Following admission to a Designated Learning Institute (DLI), the process of applying for and receiving a Canadian student visa/study permit begins. This is where study abroad consultants in Ahmedabad can help you. According to IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada), there were 640,000 international students with a student visa in Canada as of December 31, 2019. This figure is rising year after year. A surge in applications has resulted in an overabundance of student visa rejections in Canada. According to CIC, around 30% of all student visa applications for Canada are refused each year.
Reasons of Student Visa Rejection
The majority of these denials are due to some of the most prevalent reasons. The Canadian government has made their student visa laws more stringent. The following were the main reasons for the government’s decision to stick to a strict framework and deny study permit applications if there was even the smallest doubt:
- Insufficiency in funds
- Program Selection
- Acceptance Letters
- English Language Proficiency
- Incomplete Identity or Travel Documents
- Intent of Return to Home Country
- Lack of Job Prospects in Home Country
- Rejections Due to Covid-19
- Biometric Rejections
What Should You Do If Your Student Visa Application Is Rejected?
Applicants who have been denied a study visa in Canada can file an appeal. When it comes to appealing a visa refusal, there are three options.
- Requesting a reevaluation
- Filing a federal court appeal, and
- Submitting a fresh application
Tips to Reduce the Chances of a Rejection of a Canadian Student Visa
Now that you are aware of some of the most prevalent grounds for visa denial, here are some helpful hints for avoiding visa denial in the first place.
- Make a list of all of the documents you’ll need to submit in order to get a study visa.
- Fill out the visa application carefully and thoroughly. Make certain that no columns are left blank.
- Students must also submit a copy of the offer letter they received from a recognized Canadian institution or university.
- If you are applying under the SPP and need to demonstrate proof of money, you should get a Guaranteed Investment Certificate by transferring CAD $10,200 to Scotia Bank. In India,
- ICICI Bank also offers GICs.
- Salary slips or bank statements must be supplied as proof of job experience if the candidate has any.
- In the visa file, include all travel histories and visa rejections (if any).
- While applying online, be sure to answer all of the questions on the CIC website.
- Mention your academic accomplishments and your desire to study in Canada. This statement of intent has the potential to select or reject the file.
International applicants must ensure that their documentation, IELTS/TOEFL scores, and other conditions are met before applying for a study permit. Although pursuing a judicial appeal in the instance of a Canadian Student Visa rejection is an objective evaluation, it is a time-consuming process.
If the applicant is applying for the first time for a Canadian student visa, it is recommended that they seek assistance from a knowledgeable education consultant in Ahmedabad. Professional visa counselors can assist in the revision of the statement of intent as well as the creation of a good profile. You may reach out to D – Vivid Consultant at 99786-10809.