If you haven’t been able to get the documents required for obtaining your Canadian study permit due to the Coronavirus outbreak, we have some great news for you! Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada or IRCC has introduced a two-stage approval process for new study permit applications.
Eligible international students will receive a conditional student visa approval, which will allow them to start their Canadian educational program online from their home country. Once visa processing services are fully restored, international students will be required to complete the application process.
Canada is one of the most popular studies abroad destinations. The number of international students wishing to study in the country has steadily grown since 2017. In 2019, Canada received more than 6.5 lakh, international students.
The pandemic has affected study abroad plans of international students. To support students in the best possible way, IRCC recently announced several changes that will enable students to resume studies as soon as possible.
Some other new visa policies and services introduced by IRCC include:
- Permit of students who have submitted a complete application online will be processed on a priority basis.
- Students who have submitted a study permit application and completed at least 50 percent of their studies in Canada are allowed to count time spent studying online towards their eligibility for a post-graduation work permit.
Here is how the new two-stage approval process will work:
- Students, who have been accepted to a Canadian learning institution, have enough funds to finance their studies and fulfill all other eligibility norms, will pass the first-step approval. They will be given approval in principle.
- Students who receive the in-principle approval can begin studying online. They can count the time spent studying online towards their post-grad work permit, provided they meet other criteria. Students will also be required to eventually obtain full approval before traveling to Canada.
- A student will receive full approval only if they meet all the eligibility requirements. Students seeking full approval will be required to submit their biometrics and necessary documents such as a police clearance certificate and an immigration medical examination report. Only applicants who receive final approval will be allowed to travel to Canada.
The new rule is for students who are starting a program in Fall 2020 and are planning to submit a study permit application before 15 September 2020. The two-step process will allow international students to enroll and begin their studies online, even if they are unable to submit biometrics or medical reports due to pandemic-related closures.
D-Vivid Consultant is one of the most trusted overseas education consultants in Gujarat. We regularly get featured in the list of top educational consultants in Gujarat. We are committed to helping students chase their dreams of studying abroad. To consult a study abroad expert, call 99786-10809.