Management is not just a course, it is an art that people can acquire over time. Today, management courses are one of the most crucial after programs of the contemporary-day education industry. For students who aspire to study abroad after their schooling, international management courses have always been on top of their priority list. Most students choose Canada as the hotspot for their higher education, especially when it comes to pursuing management courses.
With its rich diversity, culture and affordable universities, Canada is the ideal destination for international students to acquire highly industrial and practical degree programs like Management. Management institutions in Canada are globally trusted and internationally recognized for providing global students with quality of education and well-established infrastructure that is recommended across the globe. There are plenty of management courses to study in Canada, which includes, hotel management courses, human resource management courses, event management courses, project management courses, tourism management courses, etc.
So, if you are interested in developing your career in the management field and ready to acquire top-notch management skills and knowledge, Canada is your ideal destination! With the best management schools in Canada, you will be able to make your dreams a reality. Intrigued to know the suitable courses and universities in Canada? This blog brings you an exclusive guide on top management courses in Canada, best universities and schools, eligibility requirements and much more.
Why pursue a management course from Canada?
Before we deep-dive into the list of best management courses and universities in Canada, let’s first find out why this country is considered to be an ideal destination to pursue the management course.
- Varied range of management courses: Canada offers students with a varied range of degrees and specializations in management courses that are designed to enhance their management skills and knowledge. Some of the best management courses are engineering management, project management, supply chain management, hotel management, marketing management, and many more.
- Highly respected management courses: Canada is the best study destination in the globe, which offers students with the top academic education. It is undeniable that 5 Canadian universities are ranked among the top 100 universities of the world under QS World University Rankings for Business and Management 2022.
- Great job opportunities: Management institutions in Canada provide students with the best placement opportunities not only in the country but across the globe. Many reputed global companies have their tie-ups with these universities to provide international students with highly paying job opportunities.
Best Management Courses in Canada
The specialized management courses are made to prepare students with necessary skills required to become a highly skilled management professional. The course syllabus is designed in such a professional manner that it helps students acquire habits of management, problem solving, managing employees, and building relationships with clients and customers. To know more about such courses, read this list of multiple types of management degree programs across a varied range of disciplines in Canada.
Management bachelor degree programs in Canada
The bachelor degree of management program provides international students an interdisciplinary and innovative curriculum that is an amalgamation of business management, information management, public administration and environmental resource management. Here are some of the top topics that are present in the syllabus of management bachelor degree program:
- Bachelors in Business Management
- BBA in General Management
- BBA in Project Management
- Bachelor of Management (BMgmt)
- Bachelor of Fashion Business Management
- BBA in Entrepreneurial Leadership
- Bachelor in Environmental Management
- BCom in Fashion Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality Management
- BCom in Management Studies
- Bachelor in Business Technology Management
- BBA in Marketing Management
Diploma courses in management in Canada
Canada offers students with a varied range of diploma courses in management for international students who want to acquire jobs in different fields of management, including human resources, marketing, finance, business etc. It is a two-year degree program that prepares students with all the skills required to pursue a career in management. From leadership to problem solving; these courses will help students excel and cover all their core management topics. Some of the best diploma courses are:
- Graduate Certificate in Marketing Management
- Diploma in Interactive Media Management
- Graduate Certificate in Supply Chain Management-Logistics
- Diploma in Global Business Management
- Diploma in Project Management
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Diploma in Business Management
- Certificate in Business Administration
Masters in management in Canada
Canada is the best place to pursue masters in management courses. Management schools in Canada provide students with a specialized curriculum to gain an in-depth knowledge on management’s core topics such as, marketing analytics, entrepreneurship, operations management and many more. Most of the business schools and universities in Canada provide students with a one to two year degree in management to help them kick start their career in the field. Some of the top-notch masters programs in management are:
- Masters in Resource Management
- MSc in Management
- Master of Engineering Management
- Masters in Management Analytics
- Masters in Strategic Mining Management
- Master of Global Management
- MA in Tourism Management
Best Management Universities in Canada
There are various universities in Canada that are offering a wide array of courses in the management field. The decision of the university selection depends on the type of management course or the specialization you want to pursue. To simplify that decision, here is the small list of colleges and universities that provide the best management courses in Canada.
- University of Toronto
- University of Saskatchewan
- Western University
- Queen’s University
- York University
- HEC Montreal
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- Simon Fraser University
- McGill University
Eligibility criteria to pursue management courses in Canada
To acquire a specialized degree in management courses offered by Canadian universities, international students must take care of the requisite eligibility requirements of the selected university. Though eligibility criteria vary as per the university and the course, here are some of the common eligibility requirements that students must know before applying for a degree in management in Canada:
- For PGDM or Masters in Canada, students must have a bachelor’s degree in a related field. Besides that, they must also provide universities with their GMAT/GRE scores.
- For certificate, diploma or bachelor degree in management courses, students must have completed their 10+2 from an authentic board with the minimum marks required by the university.
- Besides letter of recommendations and statement of purpose, students must also provide their language proficiency scores of TOEFL/IELTS/PTE.
Documents required to apply for management courses in Canada
After selecting your ideal management school in Canada, students need to fill an application form while submitting some of the crucial documents. To make your process easier and seamless, here we have curated a list of important documents that are required at the time of admission. Irrespective of the course or the level of your study, here are some of the common documents that are required:
- Study Permit Visa
- IELTS Scorecards
- Resume or CV
- Educational Transcripts with original marksheets
- ACT or SAT test scores (if applicable)
- Proof of financial resources
- GMAT or GRE Scorecards (if applicable)
- Bachelor degree certificate
- Letter of recommendation
- ELP Test scorecards
- Statement of purpose/intent
- Work Experience
Management Courses in Canada are popular among international students as it offers them with an array of study and job opportunities from both academic and career prospects. To help students select their ideal management program, we at D – Vivid Consultant guide students to make wise decisions when it comes to choosing a right management course in Canada.
With constructive counseling sessions and guidelines laid by our experts, we can help you make your selection process easier and seamless. For more information, directly contact us at D – Vivid Consultant.