6 Steps to Secure Your Canada Student Visa in 2019
Step 1: Choose the best Universities to apply and arrange for acceptance letter:The first step towards your student visa application process is deciding which university you want to study in Canada. Once you apply for any university, you will be given an acceptance letter which is a necessary document required to start the visa application. Some of the top-rated universities in Canada include:
- Brock University
- Seneca College
- University of Regina
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- Mount Allison University
- Thompson Rivers University
- Royal Roads University
Step 2: Identify the study visa exemption in CanadaThere are certain conditions which when applied, exempt you from applying for a study visa in Canada. These conditions include:
- Anyone who is the family or a staff member of the foreign representative in Canada, accredited by the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development Canada.
- The program you are applying lasts less than six months.
- Anyone who is a member of foreign armed forces as per the Visiting Forces Act is exempted.
- A citizen of another country who is registered as an Indian in Canada.
Step3: Initiate the Canada Student Visa process:Once you have procured an Acceptance letter from a Canadian University, you must start the process of filing the Visa application. Student Visa is also known as a Student Permit. Here is the detailed process to procure student permit for Canada:
- Log in to Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) website and apply for a Canadian Student Visa.
- Provide the acceptance letter you have procured from a designated university in Canada.
- Attach proof of finances which ensure that you are economically able to support your studies in Canada.
- Show no-criminal record proof.
- Provide a medical record with detailed medical examination and reports stating that you are healthy.
Step 4: Arrange all the documents required for student Visa for Canada:
Important documents include:
- Student visa application form duly filled
- Original acceptance letter
- Valid Passport
- Passport size photograph with details of name and date of birth, two in number
- Financial status proof
- Letter of Explanation
- Proof of study permit fee submission
- In case you have chosen a University in Quebec also attach a Certificated’ acceptation du Québec
Step 5: Fulfill the language requirement for a Canadian student permit
You need to pass some language tests, including:
Step6: Appointment and interview:You will have to appear for an interview at the visa application center near you. Here the professionals will collect your biometrics. You will have to pay the Visa Fee as well as the Biometrics Fee. Usually, it takes 90 days for your application to process. However, in most of the cases, it is usually less. Follow this process step by step and you can rest assured that you will be granted a Canadian student visa. However, for this, you must submit all the verified documents and information. Filing for a student visa for Canada can be an intimidating process so do not feel shy to contact the best Overseas education consultants in Ahmedabad and make it easy.